Rotary Clubs are always looking for potential host families. The first step is to apply. The process includes a formal application, background check, and an in-home interview. Once approved your Rotary club will provide more information about the schedule of program activities, local resources, and contact information for the club and district RYE officers.
In accordance with regulations of the US Department of State, all host families are required to complete a web generated form and submit it prior to hosting an exchange student. The form will require that you provide contact information for three personal references; please note that these references may not be relatives or volunteers with your local RYE program. It will also require you to upload 5 photos of your home - one each of the exterior, the living room or family room, the kitchen, and the bedroom and bathroom that the student will use. It is acceptable for your exchange student to share a room with one of your children, but each must have an individual bed.
If you begin the form but need to stop to gather other necessary information, or for some other reason need to finish at a later time, there is an option to continue later.
To be in compliance with the US Department of State and Rotary International:
- The Club YEO will email the application link to you.
- Once the application is complete and approved, a home visit/interview by an RYE volunteer will be done. They will review the Host Family Orientation document with you. When done you’ll sign this document that you’ve received the required information during your Home Orientation.
All household members over the age of 18 will be required to:
- Fill out (and pass) a background check
- Take online NAYEN Youth Protection Awareness training (and pass)
- Take online NAYEN US Host Family Orientation training (and pass)
Please note that each family member over the age of 18 needs to take the training and test with his/her UNIQUE email address. Links will be sent to you for the background check and the trainings.